Thursday, October 9, 2008

What is the secret?

I was talking to Ed Tseng , author of Game Set life : Peak performance of Game, and I asked him what was the secret of those athletes?
He replied, " The secret of Michael Jordan or Derek Jeter is that they both act how they want to feel and not what they are feeling. This is very important in school, life , and work. You need to keep your mind focused , so if you are stressful, then you want to feel calmer. For example; In Tibet Province, monks laugh when the gong is hit and regardless if they want to laugh or not. Then the gong is banged again, so the monks are supposed to stop laughing, but they can't control their laughter because they are really laughing. This is the same for life, if you are feeling stressful, then act calm. Later on you will really feel calm. If you don't believe then try it yourself."
I went to try it myself at my Private violin lesson and I was feeling sleepy , so I listened to what he said and acted energetic. So I just proved Ed Tseng's philsophy works.

No comments: